Help

If you are having thoughts of death or suicide, call 1–800–273–8255 (TALK), or if you need immediate assistance, call 911 or go to a hospital emergency room.

Quotes

"Who then can so softly bind up the wound of another as he who has felt the same wound himself"
Thomas Jefferson.

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Easier? I think not.

I had a lady tell me yesterday that people in recovery have it easier then those who are still struggling. I told her that isn't true. People in recovery, I think have it harder. We are still struggling to maintain a balance in our lives so that we can function on a daily basis. I feel that is the hardest part as relapse is so much more easier to achieve. People in recovery have to fight each and every day just like someone not in recovery. It becomes a battle of which will is stronger with us. Personally, I have just as many bad days as I do good days and I have to fight through each and every moment of those.

Recovery is not an easy venture to try and get through. It takes a person who wants to recover and has the power to step forward and fight for what they want.

No comments:

Post a Comment